Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sesame Madeleines


Eversince I tried the sesame macarons and cream puffs at Chantilly's, I've been on the lookout for recipes with sesame. I was able to find some ground black sesame at an Asian food market called Freshia.  Every night before bed, I usually go on the internet and look for new posts on Foodgawker or Tastespotting.  I found this recipe for Sesame Madeleines.  I had to make them and  wondered how they would taste and plus, I had all the ingredients necessary for the recipe.



The recipe is from this website.



Sesame Madeleines

70 grams all purpose flour
3 1/2 Tbsp  black sesame powder
1/2 tsp  baking powder
90 grams sugar
Pinch of salt (I used Kosher)
2 Large eggs (room temp.)
100 grams unsalted butter (the recipe calls for softened butter, I melted the butter and let it cool before adding)

1.  Sift flour, sesame powder, and baking powder together and set aside.
2.  Using a whisk, beat eggs with sugar and salt and mix until well blended.
3.  Add butter to egg mixture and beat until well distributed.
4.  At low speed, add flour mixture, stirring enough to blend the flour with butter mixture.
5.  Cover batter with plastic wrap and refrigerate over night.
6.  Preheat oven to 200C.
7.  Butter and flour the madeleine molds.
8.  I used a medium sized ice cream scoop to fill the molds.
9.  Bake for 15 mins. or when edges turn lightly brown.




If you like the taste of sesame, then you should give this a try. It's not your typical madeleine cookie.  It has it's savory yet not too buttery flavor and it's very light.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment